We’re having a whale of a time developing our Dashboards module – Business Intelligence in Energy!
Just two months ago, I announced to our faithful readers and customers that we were embarking on a journey into the world of Business Intelligence services – through our upcoming module ‘Dashboards’. We’ve had export functionality and reporting in the system for quite some time. But for us – and our customers – immediate analysis of data running through the UtilityClick platform really is the holy grail.
Having performed a detailed consultation with our user base, we’ve constructed the roadmap for Dashboards, concocting numerous favoured charts and analytical tools – which, from early 2019, will more than likely be projected onto the walls of energy broker boardrooms throughout the country. The feedback we received on Dashboards was clear, and consistent – providing an immersive experience to the user with:
- Interactive Charting – flashy graphics and helpful tooltip hovers to quickly read data from charts.
- Dynamic Filtering – to look at sub-sets of data for deeper analysis on the fly.
- Live Data – charts & data should be refreshed quickly or immediately.
- Broad Range of Charts – location maps and advanced charting as well as the standard pies and bars!
- Fully Integrated – truly part of the UtilityClick platform itself.
Given these criteria, we scuttled away excitedly to assess 9-10 different Business Intelligence platforms available on the market. We’ve settled on a well-known, expandable and robust engine which meets the needs of our users and gives our development team a huge breadth of capabilities to deliver an industry-leading analytical tool to the energy industry. Yes, Dashboards will officially be powered by Microsoft Power BI!
…and boy are we already having fun with it!!!
With infrastructure development well underway, we’ve already built interactive site/meter mapping, detailed commission forecasting & analysis, customer rankings and more besides. We’re thrilled to be working on this module, and we can’t wait to deliver it to market.